My camera and I have to break up. Thousands of pictures later I'm ready for something a little more. My four musts:
- Tons of zoom
- It has to fit in my pocket
- I don't want to mess with batteries
- It has to take fantastic pictures in low light ( churches, museums & places without electricity )
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 meets all my expectations and more. According to Amazon it has:
- Two new My Scene settings let users assign their two most frequently used Scene modes to the setting, and with a simple switch, allow access to either scene instantly.
- New Panorama Assist scene mode allows users to shoot a number of consistent photos, either vertically or horizontally, by aligning them according to a guide that overlaps the screen. Then using those photos and the bundled PanoramaMaker software, users can create dramatic panoramic images.
- High-Speed Burst (Speed Priority) that fires off approx. 10 shots per second.
A feature that helps me take better pictures of myself? Um... YES! The best feature, for me, has to be the 12X optical zoom. I can never get close enough pictures when I travel and my current 3X optical zoom is so limiting! Some of the product reviews also say that if you lower the megapixel level you can get the zoom up to 22X combined digital and optical, which would be amazing. Now, what to do with my old camera...