Thursday, October 15, 2009

Overload

Alright. There is so much deliciousness happening in music right now I can't even handle it . 

First, Mika's new album is just beautiful, but that was expected. I'll never be sick of it. PLUS! Of course, I'm loving the cover Mika did of "Poker Face" ! Check it. 

Oh, I was so sad when the Lady Gaga/Kanye " Fame Kills" tour was cancelled. However, with the announcement of the re-release "Fame Monster" album with EIGHT NEW SONGS and "Monster Ball" tour sans that jerkface my heart is whole again. I could go on for days about how excited I am about all the Lady Gaga news, you know that, but I'll restrain myself and move on for your sake! 






I lied. But only to tell you about Rihanna's new album due out NOVEMBER 23rd! ( One day before Lady Gaga's...boo.) I've heard from various interviews that she is a new woman on this album, with a lot more aggression. I'll say. These are some of the lyrics from a rumored song called "Silly Boy" FEATURING LADY GAGA : 

You comin' with those corny lines
Cant live without me

I'll get some flowers for the day that you are buried
Know people make mistakes
But I just think your ass is fake
Only thing I want from you, is for you to (STAY AWAY)

It's going to be so powerful and a huge hit! Finally, all the things we wish we heard her say months ago!



Katy Perry is going a little darker on her next album as well. She is collaborating with members of Weezer and is apparently drawing from one of my favorite albums; "I'm kind of thinking I want to do my record like a mesh between 'Lovefool' by the Cardigans and ['The Sign'] by Ace of Base. I want to make songs that people want to hold hands and roller-skate to". 
Umm. YES. 





Finally, it was announced today that casting will start for THE SPICE GIRLS MUSICAL.


Words can't even begin to describe the absolute festival of crazy this spectacle will be. I can't wait. 




P.S- Kudos to Twilight fans who, by being persistent, got the release date of the "New Moon" soundtrack moved up to tomorrow! It's fantastic and will for sure be in my iTunes by 12:01. Proof that being an absolute lunatic can get you what you want. If only we could get them to move up the movie release date... 

1 comments:

Catherine said...

This makes me excited about LIFE. Hooray!