Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So Sweet

My house is currently under construction with no end date in sight. About the only thing that is still useable in the kitchen is the fancy new fridge. I'm dying to bake something, even boil pasta! At any rate, there is no way that I could even begin to catch up with Emma from Poires au Chocolat , one of my favorite blogs. Emma is a 21 year old college student from England who puts almost everyone I know to shame, especially me, when it comes to dessert making. 

Whiskey and Dark Chocolate "The Beautiful and the Damned" Cake


Malteser Layer Cake  I love how simple but impactful this is!






That's blueberry compote and cream cheese frosting in there! 

I'm dying to make this cake. I even ordered 6 inch cake pans! I made one silly attempt for my friend's birthday a while back, but I was pressed for time and converting English measurements for baking is harder than I thought! Thus, the MEGACUPCAKE was born. 


My approach was, um . . . different. 

I can't wait to be able to use the oven again and break my ramekins out of storage. I just hope cherries are still in season then, because that clafoutis is calling my name! 


0 comments: