Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pleasantly Surprised

This week I couldn't help myself and went to Sephora! While I'm stuck on my M.A.C eyeshadows, I found a shadow so pretty I broke my vow of not buying any more eye products this year! Oops. 

Buxom, a branch off of Bare Escentuals, has released a line of cream shadows called Stay There Eye Shadows that all are named after breeds of dogs! Sounds weird, but I was happy to learn that some of the proceeds will go to Canine Companions for Independence, a charity that benefits service dogs! 
Pictured below is Saint Bernard:
I love this color, it might be next on my list to get! I bought Pug, which is described on the Sephora website as smokey pewter, but I would describe it more of a silvery brownish purple. I've found so far that it really can read differently depending on the shadows I layer with it. Today I used it with my usual lineup of M.A.C browns and added a pollen-gold on the inner corners. This is my first baby step into mixing metallics on eyes, which I hear is a popular trend for Fall. 

                                   


You really have to see this color in person to love it. My crappy phone pictures don't quite cut it! So far, Pug seems to be as long-lasting as it claims to be, but I am wearing my UD Primer Potion, so I doubt a monsoon could take it off. The shadow feels very velvety when it dries and even the packaging commands you to "touch and caress" it. Umm . . . alright . . . I'm just glad it looks great and wears well! 

0 comments: