Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'll Try It For You : Maybelline Falsies Mascara

I'm starting a new series of posts to test products and trends! I keep seeing Maybelline Falsies Mascara advertised everywhere, so I took the opportunity to see how well it performed. I also am trying to break my dependence on "department store makeup". . . at least a little bit!


OK, here's the deal- I don't have my own picture of this on my lashes because I don't want to put this on again without a buffer between my lashes and the product.

The best and worst thing about this mascara is that it STAYS ON. Seriously, I could not get this off the first time I tried it. I tried THREE different makeup removal products and still had mascara on my lashes two days later. You might be thinking - that sounds awesome, but actually it was a little annoying. Because of my removal attempts, the mascara was "reactivated" and my lashes were rubbed back and forth by various makeup removers so my lashes were practically bonded together! It was a spidery mess. This stuff is STRONG, you can't just comb out the clumps. I tried to make due by using another mascara over it, but it just didn't look right. The visual results of the first application were alright. It certainly helps if you are looking to increase your lash length. However, I couldn't really see any benefit for someone who would like dense, volumized lashes. 

I've long used Dior's DiorShow Blackout mascara, and I really love it. The downside is the price ($24) . I've also had trouble removing this mascara at night, but it takes nowhere near the amount of effort the Falsies does! I've been using Cover Girl's LashBlast Mascara for the last few months. I've found that when you layer it the effect is similar to the DiorShow. The only problem I have with it is that I must remember not to touch my lashes throughout the day because it might cause the product to "flake" a little bit since it is a little softer.
Here is a picture of my eyes from my post about Buxom eyeshadows. I am wearing Covergirl LashBlast.
Here is a picture I took from another blog with just the Maybelline Falsies on.You can see this mascara formula looks "thinner" in comparison. 
Verdict:
I think eventually I'll try the Falsies again, but only over another mascara! 


0 comments: