Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To Craft!

Jillian, over at cornflake dreams is hosting a blog link up today all about summer to-do lists! Oh boy, do I have a long one! Because I'm moving in 17 days, I'm trying to jam visits to all my favorite places in before I go, as well as prep for my move. At the top of my list - guava margaritas at Dos Rios.


Before that can happen, I have a serious "to-craft" list that I need to tackle!
This weekend, my mom and I started to paint a bedside table, mirror, chair, bookcase and vintage vanity I'm using in my dining room.
My mom's friend was just going to throw it out! I think storing my wine is a much better alternative. Everything needs another coat or two of paint, but I should be able to finish (and share pics) once it stops raining. 

Also on my list is this nailhead bulletin board project from Live Creating Yourself:
What's sad about this- all the materials are sitting in my house right now. I've been so lazy about the easiest thing on my list! I'm officially setting a goal - this will be done by Saturday. Internet, hold me accountable! 

Next, while I'm working with nail heads, is this great headboard project from Freckles Chick :
I'm pretty sure this one is not going to get done before I leave. It's not because I'm lazy, but because I don't want one more giant thing to move! However, my goal is to at least buy the fabric and nail head trim.

While I'm at the fabric store, I also need to pick up some fabric for my Moroccan style poufs!
My friend, after seeing my post about them a few weeks back, said she could sew some for me. I'm also going to ask her to sew some regular throw pillows as well (surprise!). Thanks, Emily! I bought some great fabric for the pillows:

One last really big thing I need to tackle is my new makeup table. Someone randomly gave me a new IKEA tabletop and legs a few months ago. I was going to paint them anyway, but then I saw this really interesting video: 
I'd like to try this with some classic metallics (less rainbowy!). I've been kind of freaking out about finding the right kind of paint and something to seal it all with; but it has to be done this weekend. I want to give it a full week to dry!

What do you think? Can I get all these things done and pack up my life in two weeks? We'll see!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I love DIY projects! You can do it! Good luck!

xo Michelle @ A Little Bit of This & That

Stephanie said...

What great projects!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

I'm loving that fabric you chose for your pillows!! and how increeedible that painting video is!! I definitely think you should try that! How fun and unique too!!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

thanks for linking up! you have a great list of DIY projects!! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

sincerelyjill.com said...

That paiting video just blew my mind! Probably one of the coolest things I've seen. Maybe this is a dumb question, but where would you do this at so you don't get paint everywhere?

mary shouvlin said...

these crafts sound so great! perfect summer projects!
xo

Ivana said...

Wow, what an amazing handful of project! I´m definitely going to use your list as inspiration!

xx Ivana
http://styleinthecityen.blogspot.com

Ashley {A Cat in Gloves} said...

I will definitely be following your DIY's because I need to kick it in gear with mine!
A Cat in Gloves

Cara said...

LOVE your summer bucket list! I forgot to list all of my projects.. Just found your blog via Jillian's link-up...following you now :)

PS. come check out my summer bucket list :)

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

I need to start a craft/DIY to do list. I found so many cute projects and would be so great if I could tackle all of them this summer!

DH said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement, everyone! I can't wait to check out all your blogs too! I just scheduled the ""crazy paint thing" for Friday, so look for a post on Monday all about it! It's going to be REALLY messy!

Sarah said...

I wish I was HALF as ambitious as you! these are some awesome crafts - can't wait to see what you do with them!